You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shipping, Delivery, and Returns
Rapids understands that your time is valuable. However by taking a few moments to follow these procedures you can protect yourself from incurring additional costs.
Why this is important to you:
It is important that your receiving personnel know this information! For local customers, Rapids Restaurant Equipment uses a non-affiliated 3rd party courier with lift-gate. For an additional fee, the equipment can be set in place. If do you not request this service, please make arrangements in advance for any hand trucks, forklifts, or other necessary equipment before your delivery arrives. If you are not a local customer, liftgate may be requested for an additional charge, and times and arrival will vary.
Inspect Before Signing! Unless it is noted on the delivery receipt that the shipment is damaged or short, a freight claim CANNOT BE FILED. Rapids is not responsible for any damages occurring during delivery. If you find that the item is damaged, any damaged and refused claims must be filed with the courier and not with Rapids. If you find that the item is damaged, refuse it.
Before Signing Proof of Delivery:
- When your shipment arrives, verify counts. Make sure you receive as many cartons as are listed on the receipt. Note any shortages on the carrier’s delivery receipt or tablet.
- Remove all packaging materials. Check all items thoroughly for damage. If damage is found, note this on the receipt. You and the driver should make a joint inspection of the contents if you notice damage. When damage is found, keep all packaging materials until the carrier's representative inspects the damage.
- Do not sign the Proof of Delivery until you are completely satisfied with the condition of the shipment. Signing the Proof of Delivery means you are accepting the items “AS IS”. The driver cannot leave until the delivery receipt has been signed.
- If damage is extensive and you are unsure as to whether or not the operation of the unit has been compromised, please refuse the freight shipment and call Rapids ASAP.
- If concealed damage is found on deliveries where the product is crated after the driver has left, you must report this to the freight company within 48 hours of delivery.
- Please contact Rapids Restaurant Equipment at 651-256-0580 with any questions about these procedures.
We care about your business and wish you prosperity in the coming years. Thank you for your partnership on behalf of Rapids Restaurant Equipment!
- DAILY ORDER CUT OFF IS 3:00 PM CST - We ship orders via United Parcel Service (UPS) and common carrier. A street address is required for both UPS delivery and common carrier, we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Shipping charges are not included in the merchandise purchase price. When ordering from Rapids' Online Store, the shipping charge is automatically calculated when checking out. For customers in the Twin Cities metro area, if you order before 11 am, the option for using a local common courier to deliver same day (within a 4-hour window) is available. UPS 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air shipping upgrades may also be selected. High value packages ship with signature and ID required. Please have your ID available when accepting the delivery. Please be aware that shipping time estimates do not include the day of pick-up, weekends or observed Holidays.
Accepting a Shipment
When your shipment arrives please inspect it carefully and remove all the packaging prior to signing for the delivery with the freight company. Verify there are no hidden damages, and if it is a multiple package shipment, please note on the delivery bill the number of packages that you are accepting. For instance, if you are accepting 7 boxes then write "7 boxes received OK" on the freight bill just above your signature. If your shipment arrives damaged or contents are missing, you can refuse the delivery. If you choose to accept the delivery anyway, please follow these steps:
- Obtain an inspection report from the trucking company
- Note damages/discrepancies on carrier receipt prior to signing for shipment
- Call Rapids at 651-256-0580 and we will gladly assist you
- If the damage occurred during the delivery, the damage claim must be filed with the courier
Shipping charges: The customer pays all freight charges unless otherwise noted. Items marked "Free Freight" are shipped prepaid via normal ground transportation within the continental United States.
Normal shipping does not include inside delivery. Be sure to have proper help and equipment available to unload your order at the time of delivery. If you need unloading assistance, Rapids can arrange for fee-based inside delivery.
The shipping weight on some items represents "dimensional weight" for calculating freight and may be higher than the actual, physical weight of the product.
Order approval is a step beyond credit card authorization that Rapids takes to help protect our customers from fraudulent use of their credit information. If an order is placed on HOLD pending further verification a message will be sent to the email address supplied on the order form. Orders on HOLD can delay shipment for up to one business day. If Rapids requests additional information from the buyer and there is no response within 24 hours the order may be canceled and a refund issued to the credit card.
Over 97% of the merchandise Rapids offers is in stock and ships within 24 hours. If you are ordering an item that is critical, please call 651-256-0580 to ensure availability.
If you receive any merchandise that is damaged, defective or not as you ordered, save all packaging materials and contact us at 651-256-0580 within 30 days of invoice date. See our Returns Policy for more information.
We do not sell merchandise on approval or offer a free trial period. We cannot accept any item for return for any reason without prior return authorization from us. There will be a restocking charge of up to 30% on items we don't stock, and the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the merchandise back. The returned item must be packed in an outer shipping carton, with no shipping labels or markings on the inner manufacturer box. All goods requested for return will be inspected before a return will be approved and must be in original, new condition, unregistered, and include all original packaging, accessories, instructions, and blank warranty cards.
Items that qualified for free shipping on the original order that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from any refund or credit. Costs incurred in returning merchandise to Rapids warehouse are not refundable.
Credit will be issued for an approved return in the same manner as the original payment. Cash refunds will be paid by check from Rapids Accounting Office, allow 10 to 14 days after receipt at our warehouse for processing.
Commercial warranties may be void for residential applications.
Certain products are non-returnable:
- Custom designed or custom built products
- Special order merchandise
- Sealed electronic products are not returnable for credit or refund once the factory seals have been broken.
- Any item used or demonstrated